In this special Halloween-themed episode we are joined by Johnny Clift, General Manager of Jackie O’s on 4th. Johnny shares stories of his years working at one of Ohio’s most beloved breweries, and we take a closer look at his vision for their new Columbus outpost, Jackie O’s on 4th. Along the way we enjoy a vertical flight of the iconic Oil of Aphrodite, starting with the base beer (a black walnut infused imperial stout) and working through various barrel-aged variants. In keeping with the Halloween theme, we discuss haunted places in Athens, the Athens Halloween blowout, Frank Zappa, and the best monster inspired rock songs of all time.
Don’t forget you can find this episode and earlier ones on our podcast page, as well as Apple Music, Podbean or Spotify. Just search for the Pat’s Pints/Mark’s Mugs – All Things Beer podcast, and don’t hesitate to leave a comment or a rating.
- Oil of Aphrodite, Imperial Stout brewed with Black Walnuts
- Bourbon Barrel Oil of Aphrodite
- Almond and Vanilla Bourbon Barrel Oil of Aphrodite
- Brave Noise Pale Ale
- Sunday in Athens – A (Chauffeured) Walk on the Wild Side
- Beer Review – Dark Apparition by Jackie O’s
- Beer Review – Bourbon Barrel Black Maple by Jackie O’s
- Beer Review – Pockets of Sunlight by Jackie O’s
- Beer Review – Paw Paw Wheat by Jackie O’s
- Akronym and Jackie O’s Medal at 2020 Honey Beer Competition
- Notes from Jackie O’s Studio 35 Beer Tasting