In the inaugural podcast we talk sour beers with Fred Lee (Founder, President and Elder Beerman) and Jonathan Carroll (CEO, Brewer) at Actual Brewing. We preview the two new sours that Actual is releasing on December 5 (Tenacity and Leviton), get into Brett beers, talk Ohio sandstone fermenters at Actual, share Chili recipes, and divulge our lists of underrated Central Ohio beers.
Drink Local, Drink Often Events
- Smokehouse Brewing Ess Sour Beer Release – Thursday, Dec. 3 at 5 pm
- Actual Brewing Sourpuss Bottle Release – Saturday, Dec. 5, 10 am – 9 pm
- Hoof Hearted “Everybody Wants Some” single hop DIPA canning release – Sunday, Dec. 6, noon-5 pm
- Zaftig Ugly Sweater Christmas Party/Bottle Release – Saturday, Dec 12, 12-6 pm
- Tenacity Brett Beer by Actual Brewing
- Coolship Resurgam (Gueuze) by Allagash
- Wisconsin Belgian Red by New Glaurus
- Leviton Sour Stout by Actual Brewing
Top 5 List
- Underrated Central Ohio beers
- Actual Brewing Company – Brewing beer at the intersection of science, art and religion
- Free beer on a Friday how cool(ship) is that – A visit to Allagash Brewing
- Cranberry-Lambic sauce recipe
- Beer Review – Fat Julian by Actual Brewing
- Beer Review – Clear Sky Daybreak by Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
- Beer Review – Pixelated Sun by Sideswipe Brewing
Good on you Pat for starting a Podcast! Central Ohio needed a beer podcast. Best wishes!
Thanks guys. I’ve enjoyed many episodes of Cincybrewcast, and we’ve still got a ways to go. The recording sessions themselves are pretty fun though.